Do you want to make an eco-friendly gift basket this Easter? It begins with a paper grocery bag that you get free with your groceries from the supermarket. By recycling the grocery bag, one can weave a cute little basket to hold Easter goodies.
What do you need to make these Easter baskets?
Steps to make the Easter basket:
• Bring together your supplies.
• Take apart the grocery bag.
• Mark and measure strips which are 1.25 inch wide
• You require 18 strips for the basket and 2 for the braces
• Cut your strips using scissors.
• Glue together 6 strips to create 3 long strips
• Fold all strips except for four pieces set aside for braces in half length so that the bag prints are concealed inside.
• Wrap together the two bag handles to create a basket handle and use hot glue to tack the ends together.
• Glue to the brace six of the shorter folded strips keeping them touching the edges. Repeat the process with another six set.
• Weave together these two sets of strips to form the base of the basket.
• Bring to the centre and make the weave tight. Glue the additional two braces into the folded strips’ loose ends.
• Crease and fold all the weave’s four edges to start the outline of the basket’s shape.
• Cut away all unnecessary brace paper near the edges.
• Use three long strips to weave three rounds of the basket.
• Cut away excessively long strips as you proceed.
• Cut away each strip within the brace. Try to fold it and tuck the ends around the strip of the top row. Cut away outside strips of brace and fold by tuck in the end below the strip of the top row.
• Release the handle’s tack and weave inside into the basket.
• Use a small square shaped paper to cover the handles inside the basket. Secure square and handle using hot glue.
• Weave together the long strips around the sides.
• Make tight weave utilizing clothes’ pins to hold as you proceed
• Cut the folded strip so that you have just adequate to tuck below top strip.
• Tuck all strips below top side and fold the final strips in the basket.
• Using clothes’ pins trim and secure leaving adequate material to tuck below top.
• Tuck in the final strips and use glue wherever needed for tight finish.
• Use the basket to fill with goodies and gifts that you can enjoy!
The Easter basket is ideal for filling with fresh fruits and fruit delivery in UK. But one can also experiment by filling it with cookies, flowers, toys and even as an organizer for your desk. The best part is that the basket is made from an up cycled, recycled paper grocery bag. You not only make very one happy with all the goodies, but also contribute towards improving the environment.