Why fruits are considered nutritious?
Fruits are the form of edible food which you can consume in a completely raw form. You simply don’t have to cook them or process them. Thus the nutrients present in a bowl of fruits like potassium, calcium, iron, zinc and multi vitamins can be directly absorbed by the body. The consumption of nutritious fruits helps prevent the outcome of so many chronic diseases. Fruits are easily digestible and provide you with the right amount of glucose which is transformed into instant energy. The body’s immune system improves and hence metabolic functions are performed by the body without any hassles.
- Eating fruits like blueberries and raspberries slow ageing process and prevent certain type of cancers. Green and black grapes contain anti-oxidants and beta carotenes which help in prevention of the deadly disease.
- Eating a cup of vegetables like celery, cucumbers and carrots is very beneficial for maintaining your overall health. They have highest sources of Vitamin A and fiber which is good for vision. They help maintain the internal temperatures of the body cool. Plus the filling effect you have on masticating fruits and vegetables reduces the craving you have for high sugar and processed junk foods. Diet rich in fiber also helps prevent obesity, type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- When you consume a bowl of fruits containing potassium as a part of your overall diet, it reduces blood pressure. And incidence of developing kidney stones or cancer in the bone marrow region is significantly reduced. Bananas and mangoes are rich in potassium. It is advisable to eat mangoes without peeling off the skin.
Enriched nutrition in fruits
- Most of the fruits are low in fat, sodium and calories. This ensures you don’t put on excessive flab.
- Fruits have essential nutrients in a raw and unprocessed form including those of potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin C and folate. Folate is the other name of folic acid.
- Diets rich in potassium reduces high blood pressure. A healthy blood pressure is required to be maintained by the body for proper functioning of the heart.
Fruits rich in potassium include bananas, prunes and prune juice, dried peaches and apricots, cantaloupe, honey dew melon and orange juice. Now do you under estimate the value of gifting healthy nutrition to loved and dear ones? So, send fruits by post by ordering hampers online in this festive season.
- You also need to include dietary fiber for proper bowel movement and prevention of constipation. Fiber lowers your cholesterol. And as you keep munching the fruits for long, you get a feeling of fullness sooner than you expect. This helps you in taking a lower calorie diet. Your tendency to curb on high processed foods like doughnuts or burgers is considerably reduced. Whole or cut fruits contain most of the fiber. When you make juices of these, the fiber content is entirely lost.
- Fruits are rich sources of Vitamin C. Grapes, oranges, apples, sweet lemon and other citrus fruits are known to be rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C helps in healing wounds faster. It facilitates growth and renewal of tissues and most importantly keeps gums and teeth healthy.
Fruits are therefore important for the overall development of your body.