The idea of giving gifts during Christmas started with the three wise men that carried gifts when they went to see baby Jesus. Today, all over the world, people exchange gifts during the time of Christmas. Selecting and buying gifts can become a time consuming and stressful affair if you do not plan well. You might have to buy a number of gifts not only for your close family, but also for a large number of friends, colleagues and extended family. Start planning ahead and buy gifts in advance. You will not be able to give gifts to everyone in person. But you can get them delivered to all the people who matter to you even if you can’t make a Christmas visit. Below are eight simple gifting ideas for Christmas.
- Food – Food is always a favourite gift during Christmas. This is one of the gifting ideas that can work well as a last minute gift. All you need is some elegant packing material. You can bake cookies, cakes or whatever you do best and divide it into a number of pouches and pack nicely. It will make a wonderful gift in a gathering bringing a personal feeling to the gift without having to spend a fortune.
- Gift Baskets – If you are short on time and cannot spend time on making hand-made gifts, you can choose to order gift baskets from online shops. There are many online gift delivery services that specialize in Christmas gift baskets. You will have a choice of chocolate hampers, flowers, dry fruit basket for Christmas, gourmet food baskets, etc. If you want to order online, make sure you order in advance so that the gift reaches the recipient on time.
- Charity – Instead of spending money on gifts, you can donate money to a charity on someone’s name and give them the receipt of donation.
- Chocolates – Chocolates are always welcome in any party. Choose a hamper with a collection of different tastes and flavours.
- Practical gifts – Instead of gifts that will be used up in a day or two, you can take the route of practicality. Choose gifts that will be used even after the holidays. Lunch boxes for children with their favourite characters or a winter jacket that can be worn into work every day for your partner might be a good gifting idea too.
- Personalized gifts – It is possible to personalize store bought gifts too. Choose a gift like a photo frame, or a mug and add a photo or message to it and you can get it delivered to the recipient on the required time.
- Family gifts – Instead of giving separate gifts for everyone in a family, you can choose gifts, which can be enjoyed by the whole family. You can buy gift vouchers or tickets to a zoo for a weekend, or book tickets for legoland or similar resorts children enjoy and give it as a gift to the whole family.
- Flowers – Flowers are suitable gifts for all occasions including Christmas. You can pair a bottle of vintage scotch with lovely flower arrangements to impress your hostess at a Christmas party.