Fruit smoothies are healthy and nutritious drink which gives you instant energy and refresh your mind. The name comes from its smooth look and taste. The fruits and vegetables are so nicely blend that the chunk didn’t come in mouth smoothies emerge in 1960’s are the electric blenders become common in homes. They take popularity very fast as those who don’t like to eat fruits, consuming a fruit smoothie are a better way for them to incorporate fruits and vegetables in diet. And those who like fruit they became a huge fan of theses drinks.
In the beginning the smoothies recipes only have fruits and vegetables with milk, yoghurt and sugar but as time passes by many other ingredients are also added which have intensify its flavor. Fruits are a great gift to send and from centuries its used to send as a get well soon wish but it’s a great idea to send father’s day fruit basket to you father who is a smoothie lover and let him to make delicious smoothies at home.
Now days the cafes, hotels and food courts all have various verities of smoothies available but they are no more than a blend of just flavors, cream and ice cream and very less real fruit and vegetables in it. It’s wiser to make your own smoothies in a clean manner and with real fruits. So here is a delicious recipe of refreshing strawberries.
Strawberries are a powerful fruit loaded with many essential vitamins and minerals. It’s also a very low calorie fruit thus the strawberry smoothie is a great drink for weight watchers. It has vitamin C which gives you strong immune system and glowing skin. Its high fiber content keeps you full for longer thus it is a great drink for breakfast.
- 1 cup strawberries cut in slices and chilled
- Half cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 table spoons of sugar
- You need a good electric blender for making a smoothie
- Put all the strawberries in the blenders, add orange juice, milk, yoghurt and sugar and blend until smooth.
- Stopping to scrape down the sides of the container once or twice. Taste the mixture and sweeten with more sugar, if you wish.
- Pour into tall glasses. Slit the 4 whole strawberries and the orange slices halfway through to the centers. Attach 1 strawberry and 1 orange slice, if using, to the rim of each glass before serving.