Parenthood is one of the most joyful experiences of our lives. A woman’s life transforms drastically once she gets to know that a new life is blooming inside her. Everything changes, especially her diet. During pregnancy, it is of the utmost importance to know what to eat and what not to.
The diet during pregnancy must include nutritious food that helps the expecting mother stay strong and the baby grow healthily. Most doctors and elders will advice a good dose of fresh fruits and vegetables for you.
However, not all fruits can be consumed without any worry while carrying a child. Fruits like papaya or pineapple are best avoided. Here are some of the best fruits that can be eaten during pregnancy.
- Mangoes: Mangoes are regarded as the ‘king of fruits’ in many tropical countries. This tasty and juicy fruit is usually available during summer and is considered very healthy. A few slices of mangoes with lunch or dinner will aid digestion. Mangoes are also rich sources of Vitamins A and C.
- Bananas: Ripe bananas are one of the most wholesome fruits known to mankind. They are a rich source of potassium and they also taste great. Bananas are also the solution for constipation, which is a common problem among pregnant woman. Bananas help you keep a clean digestive system.
- Berries: Berries of different kind are perfect for an expecting mother. They are extremely rich in antioxidants, vitamins and fibres. Berries are considered super food of nature and can be included in diets at any juncture during the pregnancy.
- Lychees: This sweet little fruit is known to be a highly rich source of Vitamin C, which helps prevent colds and improves healing rate. Lychees also contain a lot of micronutrient minerals like copper and potassium and can be very good for the body. What’s more, they also have low sodium content and saturated fats.
- Grapes: There is a misconception that grapes are not to be consumed by pregnant women. However, this is not true at all. Grapes have lots of Vitamin A in them. Grapes also contain a lot of potassium, folate, magnesium and other minerals, which can be instrumental for the development of the child. So, go ahead, eat your grapes without any fear or worry.
- Apples: We already know the saying ‘an apple a day, keeps the doctor away’. Apples are loaded with vitamins and minerals that are essential for a healthy body. Research has also shown that eating apples during pregnancy reduces the risk of the child developing asthma in the future.
If you are an expecting mother or if you know one, the idea of getting a four seasons fruit basket is great. It ensures that both mother and child have a healthy life. Make sure you include fruits in the diet and make them a part of your daily food habit.