Fruits are an essential component in our lifestyle. With people understanding the health benefits of fruits, and also, inclining towards health building diet, the demand and storage of fruits have grown significantly in the recent times. Refrigeration of fruits is not the best idea for all types fruits.
Many fruits like banana, apple, etc, are best kept outside, in the open environment. In order to aptly store the fruits, analyzing few containers is essential. There are many containers in the market made of plastic, steel and various other materials. An individual may just make an online purchase and get fresh fruit baskets delivered instantly and cost effectively.
If an individual wants to design his own fruit containers or baskets, they can follow some simple steps and develop their own fruit baskets, as per their convenience. These baskets can be sized appropriately according to the requirements and other major and minor changes can be made, based on the necessity of an individual.
Necessary items for making a fruit basket
Analyzing the necessary items required for making a suitable fruit basket can help in equipping ourselves with some necessary items for making a beautiful fruit basket.
- Hardware wire cloth, ½ inch
- Plywood, ¼ inch
- Wire cutters
- Staple gun
- Scroll saw
- “S” shaped small chain of 15 feet
- Ceiling hook
Process of making a fruit basket
- The circles are drawn using a compass or any circular shaped item.
- The circles can measure in proportion like 8, 9 & 10 (inches).
- The measurement of circles can vary according to the utility required from them. The hardware wire cloth is unrolled and is cut through its width.
- Around 8-10 squares down across the hardware wire cloth; the wire of a suitable square is folded in the middle.
- The cloth is stapled to around the first circle by joining the scrap of the wire using the crease.
- The same process is repeated for the other circles.
- The chains are now attached suitably by maintaining an equal gap between the baskets.
- A little extra length is provided for the chain between the ceiling and the first basket.
- The fruit baskets are now are hung on the ceiling hook using the “S” screw.
Add your tinge of creativity and imagination
This process of making a fruit basket is not rigid and confined, to whatever mentioned above. Own methods and creative ideas can be added to the same process, to make it even more attractive and presentable. A single basket can be wrapped with a packing cover and can be used for making an attractive gift basket filled with colorful fruits.
Also, various shapes and sizes of baskets can be created to ensure the objective of making the fruit container is resolved. Square baskets can be used instead of the circular or oval fruit baskets. Various changes in the materials can lead to cost effective and better solution.
Thus, an individual can look forward to customization of his own basket, with maximum creativity and skill, without the use of extensive resources and time.