Fruits are very good to maintain your overall health and vigor. Fruit gift baskets are the best hampers you can ever think of gifting loved and dear ones as you can find something new every day. There are umpteen options under the sun to customize fruit baskets occasion wise and to suit the likes of recipients. Here is presenting you with the goodness and wholesomeness of grapefruit and mangoes in a nut shell
The amazing fruit is rich in beta carotenes, vitamin A and lycopene. It is well denoted as fruit from the paradise for its unique health promoting as well as disease healing properties. The scientific name of the fruits is Citrus paradise.
Health benefits of the fruit straight from the paradise
- Grapefruit is low in calories and rich in fiber. The fiber named pectin aids digestion and bowel movements. The bulk laxative agent present in the desired fruit helps prevent toxic substances from entering the mucus membrane thereby preventing colon cancer.
- The fruit is enriched with Vitamin A and other antioxidants namely naringenin, lycopene, beta carotene, xanthin and lutein. These anti oxidants help maintain an ideal vision all through your life.
- The fruit is also enriched with Vitamin C and helps prevent harmful UV rays from entering the sun.
1) You can eat grapefruit just upon slicing the peel and eating the pulp of the insides similar to oranges.
2) You can prepare pudding cakes or add to fresh fruit salad or low fat yoghurts to make up an interesting snack.
Mango is denoted as the king of fruits grown typically in tropical areas. The fruit is nutritionally rich with its unique flavor, taste and health promoting properties. Enriched with Vitamin A, you can use mango pulp as a mask for getting a natural facial done. It leaves the skin soft and rejunuvated. Mangoes were originally known to be cultivated in sub Himalayan plains and terrains. Fresh mango season starts from April and lasts until August.
Health benefits of mangoes
- Mango fruit is an excellent source of Vitamin A and flavonoids like beta carotenes, alpha carotenes and beta-cryptoxanthin. These antioxidant properties assist good levels of vision. Vitamin A is also required to maintain healthy mucus membranes and skin.
- Fresh mangoes are excellent sources of potassium as well. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps you in maintaining the heart beat at a normal pace. Plus it is enriched with Vitamin C, Vitamin E and vitamin B6.
1) Mangoes can be eaten raw and are delicious when added to fruit salads.
2) These are used extensively in preparation of jams, jellies, ice-creams, milkshakes and smoothies.
Why not gift a bag of nutrition in the form of an assorted fruit basket for delivery? An assorted box of fruits add to fun, enjoyment and the recipient is happy and thrilled to receive one. You can add perfumes, colognes and soft dolls to the gift hamper. Don’t forget to notch your emotions on personalized handmade greeting cards to add to the personal touch and add to the warmth.